Listwanite-Associated Lode Gold Mineralization
of the Motherlode Type
- Property contains Athelstan and Jackpot past producing gold mines.
Production: 7,600 ozs Au & 9,000 oz Ag (Minfile 082ESE047).
- Excellent infrastructure with power, water and highway access.
- Only 1.5kms from 200 tpd toll mill.
- Along with the numerous mineralized pits the property contains extensive mine dumps that contain further mineralization.
- The strike extent of the A-J gold bearing structure is over 1 kilometre
January 12, 2021 News Release
– Belmont Signs Drill Contract for Athelstan-Jackpot Gold Project.
– 2,000 meter drill program planned.
– Drilling to start February 1, 2021
Coincident and relatively high anomalous values of both resistivity and chargeability measuring over an area of 800 x 700 m and approximately 130m below the Athelstan and Jackpot mines and A-J mineralized trend and appear to be related to favourable geological conditions making it a very compelling drill target for an upcoming drill program.
During 2020, the company acquired the A-J project, compiled historic data, and carried out systematic exploration to advance the project to its current drill-ready stage. A Lidar survey was flown, as well as a drone-based magnetic survey, before conducting the recent 3DIP survey. The IP survey consisted of 100 m spaced lines ranging from 600 – 900 m in length which straddled the zones of known mineralization on the property. The results from detailed geological mapping on the property and the recently completed drone magnetic survey and Lidar data have been used to interpret the 3DIP results and to identify and prioritize targets for drilling in late 2020 or early 2021.
The important 1 km long by 200 m wide zone of listwanite, which hosts all of the known zones of gold mineralization on the property, is defined by a strong resistivity anomaly. The resistivity high anomaly is interpreted as representing silica altered rock which includes quartz veining and listwanite.
The resistivity anomaly is underlain at depth by a strong chargeability anomaly, measuring 800 x 1000 m and lies approximately 300m below the A-J mineralized trend and Athelstan and Jackpot mines which collectively produced 7,000 ozs Au & 9,000 ozs Ag (Minfile 082ESE047). The A-J Mine Group was one of the most productive gold mines in the area.
On surface, disseminated sulfides occur within dykes and tongues of altered porphyritic intrusive that both cut and underlie the north-dipping band of listwanite. The large chargeability anomaly is interpreted to reflect a large zone of high-sulfide content with potential gold content within a large intrusive body and may be possible causative source(s) of extensive gold mineralization at surface including the two gold mines themselves.
Coincident and relatively high anomalous values of both resistivity (>2,000 ohms) and chargeability (>30 milliseconds) measuring 800 x 700 m and lies approximately 130m below the A-J mineralized trend and Athelstan and Jackpot mines appear to be related to favourable geological conditions making it a very compelling drill target for an upcoming drill program.
Gold Associated With Listwanite
- At A-J the former Athelstan and Jackpot gold mines (7,600 ozs Au & 9,000 oz Ag) along with current high grade gold pit, trenches and mine dump sampling results, are associated with listwanite, a key ultramafic rock alteration directly associated with several multi-million ounce gold deposits in British Columbia, Atlin, Bralorne and Barkerville as well as the Motherlode District in California.
Click here to read more about Listwanites