A Belmont projects update from CEO, George Sookochoff
Utilizing new technology for re-evaluating and acquiring historic mines.
- Under new management since November 2019 Belmont Resources has been selectively acquiring gold properties in one of the most highly concentrated mineralized areas of British Columbia – the Greenwood -Republic mining camps
- This area has an exceptional abundance of mineral prospects, containing no less than 30 historical past producing mines and 49 documented mineral showings. All of the historic mines are less than 150 metres in depth with the majority being less than only 50 metres deep
- A major past producing mine in this camp is the historic Phoenix mine which was active between 1900 and 1978, and produced 21.5 million tonnes of ore containing over 1 million oz of gold, 18 million oz of silver and 575 million lbs. of copper
- For the first time, over 100 years of geological and mining information, comprised of files, records, reports and maps, rock specimen samples have been compiled into a single digital database.
- Belmont is utilizing this invaluable new digital database for re-assessing the numerous shallow historic mines and mineral showings and selecting properties with a high probability of discovering new high grade gold deposits deeper beneath historical mines.
View Belmont Resource Projects