Acquiring and re-exploring past producing mines
with new and advanced exploration methods
With the recent acquisition of six past producing mines, Belmont has become a major player in the prolific Greenwood-Republic mining camp of southern British Columbia and Northern Washington State.
- A-J Property – Athelstan & Jackpot Gold Mines
Listwanite-Associated Lode Gold Mineralization of the Motherlode Type
2 past producing gold mines (7,000 oz Au & 6,000 oz Ag) associated with Listwanite, a key ultramafic rock alteration directly associated with several multi-million ounce gold deposits in British Columbia, Atlin, Bralorne and Barkerville as well as the Motherlode District in California.
The Company recently completed LIDAR and magnetic surveys over the A-J property. The LIDAR results were announced in a Sept. 22, 2020 new release.
- Come By Chance Property – Betts Copper-Gold Mine
Large Copper-Gold Porphyry Breccia Target
- Pathfinder Property – Bertha & Pathfinder Gold Mines
2000 sampling returned gold values up to 50.9 g/t & 3.7% copper
- Lone Star Property – Lone Star Copper-Gold Mine
2007 historic resource and has potential to expand laterally and at depth.
High-grade Cu +/- Au drill hole intercepts provide for potential to support an underground operation.
Greenwood-Republic Mining Camps
- The Greenwood & Republic mining camps have produced over 6 million ounces of gold.
- The Greenwood camp alone has no less than 30 historical past producing mines and 49 documented mineral showings.
- All of the historic mines are less than 150 metres in depth with the majority being less than only 50 metres deep leaving potential for extended mineralization to depth.
- Belmont has compiled and reinterpreted over 100 years of historic exploration and mining data from these two camps.
- With the reinterpreted historic data and by utilizing new and advanced exploration technology such as Deep Penetration UAV geophysical surveying
(Unmanned Aerial Vehicles), Belmont is exploring for deep seated feeder systems and vertical hydrothermal conduits which provide the pathways for gold-copper mineralization for the relatively shallow historic mines.
Belmont President & CEO discusses strategy for acquiring a significant land position in the prolific Greenwood-Republic mining camp of southern British Columbia and northern Washington State.